A Little Bit About the E-Class:
The E-Class is an executive series of vehicles manufactured by the German company, Mercedes-Benz, beginning in 1993. The E-Class series offers a range of engine and body style combinations. The “E” in E-Class originally stood for Einspritzmotor, which is a German word meaning fuel injection engine. The fuel injected engine was a new concept at the time. The E-Class is Mercedes-Benz’ best selling model. It is available in four door, coup, and station wagon varieties. This large and sturdy sedan has been used to fill the different needs of many consumers throughout the years. The Mercedes E-class has long been a favorite of drivers.
Pros of E-Class:
• This sedan gives off a sturdy and luxurious impression. In fact, Mercedes-Benz may just be the last word in class and extravagance. Though the E-Class isn’t the most luxurious vehicle Mercedes manufactures, many people admit that it offers plenty of interior amenities, and may even border on ostentatious. This is not a claim that many other sedans in its class can make.
• The E-Class is built with fine-tuned precision. German engineering is known for its competence and meticulous attention to detail. This vehicle is reported to not only be mechanically sound, but to run like clockwork. Consumers have found the E-class to be very dependable.
• It fits a variety of niches in the consumer market. This spacious executive vehicle also happens to be well suited for every day driving. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, or even just driving through town, the E-Class is a great choice. Drivers are sure to get from point A to point B in comfort and style. It truly is a smooth and well polished ride.
• Mercedes-Benz has a reputation for manufacturing beautifully engineered vehicles. For years they have dazzled drivers with their high performance vehicles and luxurious interiors and body styles. Not to mention that driving a Mercedes looks really cool. There really is nothing quite like being able to say you’ve got a Benz.
Cons of the E-Class:
• It does not offer the best MPG rate compared to other sedans in its class. With the large size of the E-Class, there are bound to be some areas that it simply can’t excel in. Fuel efficiency is unfortunately one of these areas. Still, the newer models have markedly improved their economic performance and appear to be getting more environmentally conscious with every passing year. If you are searching for a vehicle that modestly sips fuel, the E-Class might not be for you.
• Mercedes-Benz is a luxury brand, thus repairs and maintenance will likely be significantly more expensive. This is especially true when buying used with no warranty. There are ways to save money on parts and accessories, but inevitably the price will likely be higher than it would be with other similar sedans. Be sure to factor these costs in when considering any vehicle purchase.
There you have it. A few of the Pros and Cons of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. This gorgeous and appealing sedan is sure to impress in any situation. It’s fine tuned styling and flexible utility make it a favorite of many shoppers. Still, the cost of owning even a modest Mercedes-Benz vehicle such as this one, can unfortunately be a bit higher due to its luxury brand status. We hope this Review of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class has helped acquaint you with some of its benefits and downsides.