With many vehicles on the market today, it is important to take a good look at the pros and cons of any vehicle you are considering purchasing. In this Review of the Honda CR-V, we will be doing exactly that.
The Honda CR-V
The Honda CR-V was originally releases 1995. CR-V stands for Compact Recreational Vehicle. It is based off of the Honda Civic Platform, with an SUV style body. This is a mid-range utility vehicle, ranking in size between the smaller Honda HR-V and the larger Pilot. There have been multiple upgrades in the CR-V series, including the addition of a more powerful engine, and new body styles. Today, the Honda CR-V is one of the most popular SUV’s on the market. It has a reputation for being a very sound and reliable vehicle. In 2017 the Honda CR-V https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda/cr-v in the compact SUV category.
Pros of the Honda CR-V:
• It has a remarkably high rating with consumers. It not only was ranked #1 in the compact SUV category, it also as ranked highest in SUV’s with two Rows, and in Crossover SUV’s. The CR-V is undeniably one of the best SUV’s out there.
• The CR-V has multiple styles, upgrades, and options available. It comes in many styles. If you are buying used, you are sure to find many CR-V’s to choose from, as this vehicle tends to retain its re-sale value well.
• This vehicle is highly dependable. Ranked as one of the most reliable used cars, it sports a 166 horsepower 2.4 L four-cylinder engine. Many (though not all) models after 2008 are also standardly equipped with all-wheel-drive.
• Its a great looking SUV. The simple yet functional interior of the CR-V is both comfortable and stylish. The exterior body styles were created after in-depth market research, so you know that the CR-V is going to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing vehicles on the road. Its both sporty and sleek, while still being masculine and appealing.
• The CR-V makes a great multi-purpose vehicle. Its a champion that can fit the needs of many diverse drivers. Not only is it ideal for daily driving with its economical fuel efficiency, its also perfect for long road trips where storage can be an issue. The all-wheel-drive models are also well suited for rougher climates and terrains.
• Its a Honda. Honda has been one of the most reliable vehicle brands in the US for decades. Honda is not only one of the top vehicle producers in the world, but it out-shines its competitors in multiple areas.
Cons of the Honda CR-V:
• It is not the largest compact SUV. This is good if fuel efficiency is the name of the game, but if you are looking a cavernous interior, the CR-V may not be the vehicle for you.
• Not all models come equipped all-wheel-drive. Being that this is an important requirement for most SUV purchasers, be sure to find a model that is already equipped with this feature.
• You may need to upgrade. Though it does come equipped standard with many great features, you may want to consider purchasing one of the more expensive packages. The standard features are good, but also pretty basic. If you like extravagance, then upgrade.
So there you have it. The Honda CR-V is an all around fantastic SUV, and very highly rated. However, if you are looking for fancy features, you will likely need to choose either a newer model, or one with an upgraded package. Still, being one of the most highly ranked vehicles on the road leaves us to believe that the Honda CR-V would be a good choice for just about any consumer. We hope this review of the Honda CR-V has been helpful and informative.